a christmas Q&A with hailey

Friday, December 23, 2016
I can't believe that there's only two days until Christmas!! *squeals* 

Since we're deep into the holiday season at this point, I thought it was only right to do a Christmas-themed Q&A! And, even better, why not do this Q&A with my Blogger Gift Exchange recipient, Hailey Hudson? 

Hailey Hudson blogs over at Now All I Know is Grace. Go check her out because she is an awesome human bean and writer! I've loved reading her Blogmas posts throughout this December! Thanks for doing this Q&A with me, Hailey! Hope you have a merry Christmas!

Let's get to it with the Q&A!





01. Are you excited about Christmas? 

I couldn't be more excited about Christmas if I tried. I love this time of year! 



02. What are your favorite Christmas movies? 

My favorite Christmas movies are Elf, A Christmas Story, Miracle on 34th Street--all the classics--plus a Hallmark movie with Candace Cameron Bure called Let It Snow.


03. When do you start playing Christmas music? Favorite songs? 

I start playing Christmas music sometime in November--I'm ready in August, but if I started then, I feel like it would make the time until Christmas drag much too slowly! I love all of For King and Country's Christmas songs, plus this MercyMe CD--it's my mom's favorite, so it was the soundtrack to all my Christmas memories growing up.



04. What are your most favorite-est things about Christmas? 

My favorite things about Christmas include the steady stream of sweets coming into our house, my dad having two weeks off work, the excitement that's in the air wherever you go, and the way people go out of their way to give generously to their friends and even to strangers--something I want to do year-round. 



05. Which is your favorite, the weeks leading up to Christmas, Christmas Eve, or the actual Day? 

That's a tough one, but I'm going to go with Christmas Eve! For me, the hustle and bustle of parties and final exams and buying gifts is over by then, and I can just enjoy myself and anticipate the next day.


06. When do you put your decorations up? 

My family generally decorates the first or second weekend in December.



07. Do you like giving or receiving presents more? 

Receiving presents is great, of course, and I definitely tend to fall into the trap of just wanting more gift bags with my name on them. But I try to like giving presents more, and most of the time, I succeed. It's so fun to choose the perfect gift for everyone on my list, even though I'm typically on a pretty tight budget. *rolls eyes at my cheapskate self*



08. Does your family have any Christmas traditions? 

On Christmas Eve, my family goes to our church service, which ends with everyone lighting candles and singing "Silent Night." After church, we eat dinner at Krystal, which is something my dad grew up doing on Christmas Eve; then we come home, read the Christmas story from Luke 2 under our tree, and watch A Christmas Story.



09. real or artificial tree? clear or colorful lights?

Definitely a real tree* and colorful lights!

*sorry to interrupt (madeline, here) but I'm with you, girl! real trees for the win!!



10. What is your favorite food to eat around Christmastime? 

My favorite food to eat near Christmas is probably a tie between four things we normally have on Christmas day: ham, sweet potato souffle, baked pineapple, and chocolate pie. *drools*




Hope you enjoyed this Q&A!! Thanks to Vanessa for organizing this!
xoxo, madeline

4 comments:

  1. Yay, thank you so much!! It was fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I had fun too! have a merry christmas!! *big hugs*

      Delete
  2. Hey! Nice Blogmas Gift Exchange post! Just wanted to let you know-- I had you! Wrote a little post about you on my blog-- here's the link if you want to check it out <3 http://moonsworlds.blogspot.com/2016/12/blogmas-day-10-blogger-gift-exchange.html
    -Vivian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you so much!! *all the hugs* I am definitely going to check it out!
      Merry merry Christmas!!

      xoxo

      Delete

getting kind words and comments on my posts is like waking up early in the morning and realizing that I have a few more hours to sleep in. getting comments from you guys is the best, and it always makes my day :)