christmas photography + some thoughts about 2016

Sunday, December 25, 2016
Merry Christmas, everyone!! I hope your day has been full of holiday cheer!



Today, I'm going to be showing you some photos I took in my family's Christmas destination in the Smoky Mountains of Tennessee as well as sharing some thoughts about 2016 as a whole. I really have enjoyed photography lately and definitely want to continue this into 2017!


Hope you enjoy these photos!
Christmas Eve was rainy, but we still walked around a bunch. Today was sunny and almost 70 degrees, but the weather was beautiful. On Christmas in the winter! I wish it would get cold and stay cold!


this is a beautiful little boathouse on a small pond. I really love this photo!



you can't really tell here, but there was a cardinal in the roof of this boathouse!












the wreath on this barn was absolutely beautiful.
It's been one heck of a year.

I started this blog in October 2016 (that's the big one!).

I found one of my favorite books of all time, Six of Crows, this year. (and also read the sequel, Crooked Kingdom)

I've discovered my enjoyment in photography, though I am far from skilled at it.

I officially became a high schooler.

I've written so much more this year.

Since October, I have no doubt that the amount of books I have read has doubled. most likely. don't quote me on that!

I learned to appreciate the little things in life; my cup of coffee in the morning, the peace and quiet whilst reading.

I quit the thing I spent seven years of my life on, gymnastics;

I picked up some newer sports, cross country and track.

I've become so much more independent and confident in myself this year.

how has your Christmas been (if you celebrate it)? was it cold where you celebrated?(it was far from it here) how has your year been as a whole? let me know in the comments!!

xoxo, madeline

16 comments:

  1. My book intake has definitely increased hugely this year - almost tripled, if not quadrupled, since I started using Goodreads.

    Ohhh that place where you are looks so pretty! <3

    Merry Christmas!

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about goodreads!! it is so helpful in discovering new books to read!
      it is beautiful up here in the mountains! :)

      merry christmas!! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Oh what do you mean you're not skilled at photography?! THESE PHOTOS ARE INSANELY AMAZING!!! I can't stop looking at them. 😍😍 You're incredible and omg that place is so aesthetically pleasing I just want to go there immediately myself.πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    Congrats on starting highschool and yES to Six of Crows which is basically the gift to the universe omg it is so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHHH thank you so much!! and I agree! the mountains are always so aesthetically pleasing :)
      YESS-- Six of Crows is basically the best of all books, and I LOVE IT <3

      Delete
  3. Happy holidays! Glad to hear you had a good (and warm) Christmas! :) A lot of stuff happened to me too this past year. Do you live in TN or were you just visiting?

    darlinginspirations.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope you had a great christmas too! I was just visiting tennessee for the holidays, and although warm, it was still beautiful!

      Delete
  4. Madeline, those pictures are so lovely! AND SRSLY GIRL WE HAVE SO MANY THINGS IN COMMON. I started blogging on For All Who Wander in October, I'm in my freshman year of high school (also fourteen years old), and almost five feet tall. Short(ish) people unite. XD

    Also -- your follower count is growing so fast I could help but ask if you had any tips for me . . .? Anything I could improve on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you! you are so sweet! <3 WE DO HAVE SO MANY THINGS IN COMMON! short people for the win!!

      I did recently participate in a christmas blogger secret santa organized by Vanessa at Simply Me, so I think that's what brought people to my blog!
      your blog is already so awesome! I would just keep producing great content and people will follow! (but what do I know? i'm pretty new at this!) sorry I don't have any better tips!

      Delete
  5. Haha, I live in Georgia and it was 70 degrees here yesterday too! That boathouse is DREAMY... all the heart eyes. What kind of camera/phone do you have?

    My Christmas was great! 2016 had some very low points for me, but overall it was a good year. I started blogging in April of this year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the boathouse was SO BEAUTIFUL!! heart eyes indeed! I use an iphone 6 for my photos, but recently I've been considering upgrading to a better camera...we'll see if photography remains one of my hobbies!

      I'm so glad your year has been good!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful photography! I hope you had a lovely Christmas and 2016 as a whole! I enjoyed reading your little list at the end. It has actually been getting a little bit colder here in CA, sometimes in the fifties, which is really really nice since we've been in what feels like an endless drought and heat spell for forever. Neat post :)
    -Vivian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks!! I hope you had an awesome christmas also! I so wish the weather would get cold and stay cold here! We've also been having a drought in Alabama where I live but nowhere near as bad as california!

      thanks for reading!

      Delete
  7. Your photos are stunning! I really hope you keep up with your photography - I look forward to seeing more of your photos on the blog next year :)

    Otherwise I'm glad 2016 was good for you. Yay for reading & writing more! Hope 2017 is just as good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!! me too! I've really enjoyed photography lately :) glad to hear that you enjoyed the post!!

      I hope 2016 was great for you too and 2017 is even better!

      Delete
  8. Your photos are so gorgeous! As someone who lives in Australia and doesn't really have Christmas in winter, it's so nice to see these photos!
    It's also great that 2016 was such a good year for you, with how much you've grown and everything - personal growth is everything to me, and it's awesome that you've gone through all that.
    All the best for 2017 - I look forward to seeing more of your gorgeous photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! <3 hope that 2016 was good for you also, and 2017 is even better!!

      Delete

getting kind words and comments on my posts is like waking up early in the morning and realizing that I have a few more hours to sleep in. getting comments from you guys is the best, and it always makes my day :)