december wrap-up // goodbye 2016!

Saturday, December 31, 2016

AHHH where has 2016 gone?? It's 2017 tomorrow, guys!!


Since we've again reached the end of the month, I'm here to share what happened in this fabulous month of December! It was mostly good aside from a bit of stress in the beginning. The first part of the month was practically blogging-free, but I think I managed to catch up when winter break from school started! It's been a great couple of weeks with my only real responsibility being blogging!



Somehow, like a complete doofus, I forgot to list the books I read in my last wrap-up. I'm doing great with this whole book-blogging thing.
December was a huge month for me in terms of books!! I finally had some time to catch up on my TBR list this winter break. woohoo! and even better: most of the books I read this month were pretty amazing! 

A Court of Thorns and Roses - didn't love this as much as I expected to. the last third was pretty interesting though.

A Court of Mist and Fury - SO MUCH BETTER than the first book. 

Shiver - the best werewolf book I've ever read. a little insta-lovie though.

The Testing (reread) - it was better the first time I read it...

I'll Give You the Sun - legit the most lyrical/beautiful I've ever read. period. 

City of Bones (reread) - thumbs up. the second book is always checked out from the library though :( AHH. I NEED.

Throne of Glass - pretty darn good. lotsa good sass from Celaena

This Savage Song - AMAZINGG. this one probably makes my top 10 faves of all time list! 
(full review is on the way in a couple days!!) I read this one and listened to the audiobook because I love it so much.

Life Before Legend: Stories of the Criminal and the Prodigy - meh. that's basically how I feel about all novellas.

The Winner's Curse - I liked it but not as much as I expected to. but the cover is SO PRETTY.



I made all my post headers the same size this month, and this makes me strangely happy!! (except ironically, the header for this post) 

I promise to write more book reviews next month!





I had so much fun swapping gifts in the Blogger Gift Exchange this month!! Thanks for organizing it Vanessa!

my favorite posts of the month:
all of hailey's blogmas posts. I just really enjoyed reading them so much!!
this cover Abbiee recorded for Christmas. it was so so awesome!! you have such an amazing voice, girl.
This sweet post Vivian wrote about me for the gift swap. this really made my month :) thanks so much girl!!
Cait's 2016 reading stats. SO MANY PRETTY GRAPHICS. gahhh.

also: i just realized that i gained 8 followers this month! thanks so much you guys!! *hugs you all tightly*



I SURVIVED EXAMS*. yaayyy! now there's just getting the grades back... *winces* Getting the grades back is almost worse than taking the test. but then again, that's probably just my stress-person instincts.

Watch this video. I COMMAND YOU. I just love it so much. #sorelatable. CHRISTMAS CANDLES FOR ALL!

So far, I've managed to run almost every single day and kind of(?) stay in good shape. at least, I hope so.

I've read so much in the past week. I devoured This Savage Song the day I got it from the library. (that was one of those days I didn't get around to running).

My family went to the Smoky Mountains of Tennessee for Christmas, and it was so beautiful (check out this post for some pictures). My little cousins (that I never see) were also there, and I had so much fun with them! 

I just ordered A Darker Shade of Magic and the Fantastic Beasts Screenplay and I am SO DARN EXCITED for both.

* i really need a t-shirt or a mug or something that says this!


It's Christmastime for goodness sake, so you know what I've been listening to: Christmas music. I bet you never saw that coming.



To be honest, I've mostly been listening to Feliz Navidad on repeat (idk why really). I've also been listening to a lot of the Nutcracker because I LOVE IT for writing and just listening in general. 


how has your december been?? what was the best part? are you excited for the new year? chat with me in the comments!

xoxo, madeline

14 comments:

  1. YES to City of Bones. TMI <3 I have the Fantastic Beasts screenplay next to me right now--I started it late last night and it's sooo good so far!

    Thank you thank you for including me in your favorite posts section! *blushes* I'm so glad the blogger gift exchange introduced me to your blog :)

    Hailey
    haileyhudson.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited to read that screenplay!! it looks absolutely amazing!! <3

      I am so glad I was introduced to your blog this month too! :)

      Delete
  2. This was so much fun to read!! Congratulations on the 8 flnew followers!! That's huge! And I am glad you had so much fun in the blogger exchange. I can't wait to see what 2017 brings for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!! I am so glad I participated in the gift exchange! hope your 2017 is great also!

      Delete
  3. Great December Wrap-Up post! And of course- you deserved it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks!! so glad I discovered your blog this month!

      Delete
  4. December's pretty much overrrr like howwwww. *freaks out* Awesome post, though!! and eeek the graphics are sooo pretty. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. happy new year!! i know! december just kind of flew by and i don't know where it went??
      thank you! i do love the christmas graphics! i might just have to carry the red and green into january (and the rest of the winter)!

      Delete
  5. The fact that you've managed to run alot has really motivated me! I just posted my new year's resolutions on my blog and also cannot believe that it's 2017 in a few hours!
    Ranyel x
    www.nocaremoreflare.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. happy 2017! I'll definitely be checking your post out!! i'm glad i've been a motivation! *blushes*

      hope your year gets off to a great start!

      Delete
  6. Happy NEw Year! My december has been kinda meh and I'm hoping 2017 will be much better! :D Idk why, I just feel like 2017 will be good.
    the-emo-wolverine-writes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy new year!! I'm feeling pretty good about 2017 also, and I hope that your year gets off to a fabulous start!

      Delete
  7. Sounds like you had a really awesome December :) I'm really jealous of all the books you read - I haven't read anything by VE Schwab yet and she is at the top of my reading list for this year :) Its really encouraging how much you enjoyed her books! And don't worry about exam results - I'm sure you'll have done fine :)

    And I think I was one of your new followers this month - I'm just loving your blog. I particularly love how you link to other blog posts that you enjoyed :) All the best for 2017!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I caught way up on my tbr this december, and that made me so happy! I just started another one of VE Schwab's books, and it is great so far! she is such an amazing author!

      thanks for following this month :) hope the start to your 2017 is great!!

      Delete

getting kind words and comments on my posts is like waking up early in the morning and realizing that I have a few more hours to sleep in. getting comments from you guys is the best, and it always makes my day :)