my top 10 anticipated releases of 2017!

Wednesday, December 21, 2016
Christmas just seems to get closer and closer. and you know
what? i haven't even wrapped presents yet. thumbs-up for great planning, madeline.

I've seen this post popping up all over the blogosphere, so I decided to do one myself. There are so many releases next year (which I'm reminding you is only 11 days away, somehow) that I am SUPER PUMPED FOR. Here they are!


01. Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth
release date: January 17th


I really loved the Divergent Series and have heard that Veronica Roth's writing has gotten even better in this book, so I'm pretty pumped for this!


02. History is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera
release date: January 17th

This is probably the only contemporary on my list, but it's really the only one I'm excited about. I find it hard to get pumped about contemporaries. but I'M PUMPED FOR this one. I've heard it's awesome!!

03. Caraval by Stephanie Garber
release date: January 31st

I actually don't know exactly what this one is about, but I've heard it's a little bit similar to The Night Circus, so I'm obviously going to read it since I LOVEEEE that awesome book. Everyone else in the book world seems excited for it, so I'm just gonna go with it and get excited too!



04. Traitor to the Throne by Alwyn Hamilton
release date: February 2nd

To be truthful, I haven't finished Rebel of the Sands quite yet, but I have enjoyed it a lot so far, and I am fairly sure that I will be reading the second installment. And the cover is SO PRETTY.


05. King's Cage by Victoria Aveyard
release date: February 7th

Glass Sword was not my favorite because a little too much like it was just setting up for the third book. I'm still going to read it though because I really like this series. I should probably reread the first two though. Don't really remember that much... Does anyone know if this is the last one or if there's going to be more after this?


06. Gilded Cage by Vic James
release date: February 14th

This one had some pretty good pre-release reviews, and it sounded kind of similar to Red Queen. Hey, I'm up for another story with magic. I'm always up for magic.


release date: May 2nd

AHHHHgjdjgd. I have no words for how excited I am for this. *flails wildly* These are some of my favorite books OF ALL TIME!
And wait! There are two contemporaries on this list! Ha! only 80% is fantasy! Wow. I'm getting so diverse in my reading!


08. A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas
release date: May 2nd

Personally, I don't love the title of this one. It just seems off for some reason. But the other two were so good, so I'll be reading it all the same! A Court of Mist and Fury had such a cliffhanger that I am practically required to read this one!


09. A Flame in the Mist by Renee Ahdieh
release date: May 16th

Personally, I didn't love The Wrath and the Dawn, but I'm going to give this one a try because it just seems like such a cool/fun idea. A Japanese-Mulan-retelling. Yeah. I'm already anxious to get my hands on it.

10. Wicked Like a Wildfire by Lana Popovic
release date: August 15th

I haven't heard practically anyone talking about this one, but it involves-- wait for it-- mAGIC. I bet you didn't see that coming. And the cover is just so GORGEOUS. This one I am super super pumped for. But I have to wait 8 more months until August for it! ahh nooo!


Honorable Mentions:

Given to the Sea by Mindy McGinnis
 Our Dark Duet by Victoria Schwab
 The Beast is an Animal by Peternelle van Arsdale
Cold Summer by Gwen Cole



What books are you excited for in 2017? Are any on mine on your list? Chat with me in the comments below!!

xoxo, madeline

12 comments:

  1. UMMM WHAT! I didn't know about always and forever the book by jenny han! AH! I am now very excited with you!
    www.itssimplyme.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! this is the most excited I have been for a book in a long while!! *flails* I can't wait until it comes out!

      Delete
  2. I also am looking forward to King's Cage! I agree- Glass Sword was not the best unfortunately. Hopefully the third will be better. I'm wondering the same thing haha. I sort of hope it's just a trilogy... I feel any longer will just be drawing the series out.
    -Vivian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you-- I really hope it's just a trilogy! It's feel like it's going to seem unnecessarily long and drawn out if there are anymore books after this one! I do hope the third is good though!

      Delete
  3. I'm hesitant about whether or not to read History is All You Left Me and Carve the Mark - I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

    A few of the books I'm most excited for are Dress Codes for Small Towns by Courtney Stevens, The Love Interest by Cale Dietrich, and Windwitch by Susan Dennard.

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    P.S. - I just found your blog, and I absolutely love it! Your voice is so unique, and your design is gorgeous. I'll be following <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks so much for checking out my blog and commenting!!
      I am particularly excited for Carve the Mark, so I will definitely be letting you know my thoughts about it!
      All three of those books that you mentioned sound really good, and you can bet I'll be reading those at some point!

      I'm definitely going to check out your blog!!

      Delete
  4. YES TO THESE!! I'm so so excited for The Flame and Mist and also Wicked like Wildfire...isn't that cover amazing though?!? I just want to pet it omg. *falls hopelessly in love with the cover* And we're SO CLOSE to Carve the Mark!! YAY. I feel like I've been waiting forever.😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what I've seen so far, 2017 is going to be a pretty great year for books!! and YESSS- the cover for Wicked Like a Wildfire is absolutely stunning. Flame in the Mist sounds AWESOME *flails silently in the corner*

      and I am so incredibly pumped for another Veronica Roth book!!

      Delete
  5. There are so many exciting books coming out next year!! The ones on your list I'm anticipating are ACOWAR, Traitor to the Throne, Flame in the Mist, and Carve the Mark! Also Caraval (Which I have an ARC of and really need to get around to reading. I'm so slack)

    I haven't heard of Wicked Like a Wildfire before but that cover is gorgeous.

    I hope we get to read all of these next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I am so excited for so many books in 2017!!
      The Wicked Like a Wildfire cover is so gorgeous and the story sounds really great!!

      What's your blog?? I would love to check it out!

      Delete
  6. Hi Madeline! I came over here from Vivian's post!
    I really like how your blog looks and the books you seem excited for look fantastic! I love reading books but unfortunately I don't really get time to read them that much u_u since I'm a med student lol but I LOVE reading how other people are enjoying their books so I think I'm going to like reading your posts!
    Happy holidays :)
    the-emo-wolverine-writes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey!! Thanks for checking out my blog! There are so many amazing books coming out in 2017, and I'm so excited!
      I'm sorry you don't have too much time to read :( I don't know what I would do if I couldn't read! As far as I'm concerned, you have superhuman powers to resist the temptation of losing yourself in a book! (I'm obviously not that strong. lol)

      Merry Christmas and happy holidays!!

      Delete

getting kind words and comments on my posts is like waking up early in the morning and realizing that I have a few more hours to sleep in. getting comments from you guys is the best, and it always makes my day :)