my goals for 2017 // blogging and other things

Saturday, January 7, 2017

We are now almost one week into 2017. 

I thought that I should probably make my goals for the year by now. I LOVE making lists because it makes me feel more organized and calm/collected, but the truth is, I know that I won't finish some of these goals. But I can do my very best and try!

  • remain blogging this whole year. This might be an understood goal for some people, but it really is one of my biggest goals this year (concerning blogging). I love blogging so much, but Big Changes™ are coming (at least I'm hoping they are) to my life this fall, and I'm pretty sure that's going to put some stress on my blogging-time. There will likely be less posts this fall, but I am going to do my best to keep up.
  • (try to) blog 2 times a week. key words, "try to." there definitely be some exceptions, I can already tell.
  • read 60+ books this year. I am fairly sure that I can achieve this goal and even go over it. However, those big changes are probably coming, and I don't want to put too much pressure on myself. I think I can do this, though.
  • reread 10 books this year. I fell behind in the books I wanted to reread in 2016, but I'm gonna try to keep up this year!
  • tackle my TBR and wrestle it down. I'm going to try to read all of the books on my most anticipated list plus many more!
  • reach 500 followers on my bookstagram. we can do it!! (my account is at chic_bookworm if you want to follow me!)
  • reach 100 followers on my blog. this is dreaming pretty big, but we can do it!
  • write my novel. there's a post coming about my novel sometime next week, and I'm really excited to introduce it to you guys!!
  • edit my novel. this is going to be the hardest part, I know.
  • read Maggie Stiefvater's books. I've heard some really great things, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet.
  • learn a lot more about graphic design. it's just so interesting, and I want to learn more!

what are your goals for 2017?? how many books are you planning to read? let me know in the comments! i would love to chat with you!

18 comments:

  1. Ahhh exciting stuff -- good luck! 💙

    Hailey
    haileyhudson.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have really big goals and I hope that you achieve each one of them! I too hope that I remain blogging for the whole year.
    Ranyel x
    www.nocaremoreflare.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! i hope that you remain blogging too!

      Delete
  3. Awesome goals, Madeline! Good luck . . . I'd never be able to stick to the "blog two times a week" one. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks sarah!! i'm not sure that i can stick to it the whole year, but i can certainly try! :)

      Delete
  4. Awesome goals! I think that if you try super hard you can FOR SURE get these goals checked off!! Or at least real close!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks!! i hope that i can at least get some checked off the list!

      Delete
  5. Ahhh, I'm super excited to hear about your novel! I always love hearing about other writers' WIPs.

    You definitely deserve to reach 100 followers! (And I'm kind of surprised you don't have at least 50 already?? Your content and design are both on point.) (In my experience, making it so people can follow your blog through Bloglovin' definitely increases your follower count.)

    I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on Maggie Stiefvater! I've loved some of her books (The Raven King) and wondered why some even got published (Blue Lily, Lily Blue).

    I want to read 100 books this year and write 400 words a day. :)

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm so excited to write that post about my novel!! ahh thank you so much! i definitely need to work on my bloglovin!
      i'll be sure to update you on Maggie Steifvater's books!

      those are some awesome goals!!

      Delete
  6. Learning more about graphic design is one of my goals for 2017 too! I hope you manage to reach all of these :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope you reach all of your goals for 2017 too! :)

      Delete
  7. Happy new year! I'm surprised you don't have a 100 followers cause your blog definitely looks worthy of it o.o maybe people will roll around in 2017 :)
    I'll follow you on Instagram. My handle is optic_chiasma and these days I'm mostly posting my art etc.

    the-emo-wolverine-writes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!! i'll be sure to follow you back! :)

      Delete
  8. Good luck with all your resolutions!
    I've followed you on your bookstagram - one follower closer to your goal! Your feed is absolutely gorgeous! It's my aesthetic, and I LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for following! i'll be sure to follow you back! :))

      Delete
  9. Good luck with all your goals - these sounds really achievable. And yes - Maggie Stiefvater is amazing so really hope you enjoy her books! And have fun writing your novel - nothing feels more amazing than finishing a manuscript! I'll be rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah you have such a beautiful and amazing little book blog I loove it!! Great goals- I hope you can achieve them alll <3 ;)

    https://busybeeblogweb.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

getting kind words and comments on my posts is like waking up early in the morning and realizing that I have a few more hours to sleep in. getting comments from you guys is the best, and it always makes my day :)