my tbr list // the stack that eats me alive

Saturday, January 21, 2017
i can't believe that it's been a couple months since i shared my tbr list. so now i'm sharing with you a second installment of this original list.

that was one of my very first posts on this blog! since then, my definition of tbr has changed a good amount, and the amount of books i've put on this list has increased even more.

a couple months ago, i didn't understand the concept of "bookworm stress." my library card had just expired and i was reading just a few books a month.
this was legit me:
me: woah how is there ever such thing as "too many books"
me: how are all these book bloggers stressed about their tbrs??

well, my friend, i now understand. now, i have my library card renewed, and i just signed up for net galley a couple weeks ago. i have too many books. a couple months ago, i considered my tbr all the books everywhere that i wanted to read. now, i consider it more the books i actually own/have checked out from the library. it's not necessarily a bad thing that i have too many, but it is (maybe) stressing me out just a little.

so here are the books currently on my tbr.


01. The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco

I got approved for this one on net galley and i'm pretty excited to read it! i haven't heard the greatest things about it, but i'm still going to give it a fair chance. plus, THAT COVER THO. SO PRETTY.



02. Heartless by Marissa Meyer

guys. i have been on the wait list at the library for Heartless for 2 months. finally, this week, i got it and i am super psyched to read it! i have not been paying attention to any reviews whatsoever in anticipation. i LOVE alice and wonderland/the queen of hearts!

ok. so maybe i already started it slightly. but only a few pages...



03. The Falconer by Elizabeth May

this book sounded like something i would probably enjoy, so i decided to get it! not much else to say about this one! it's a pretty quick read, and i'm hoping i'll like it!



04. Half Bad by Sally Green

so if you read the blurb:

Sixteen-year-old Nathan lives in a cage: beaten, shackled, trained to kill. In a modern-day England where two warring factions of witches live amongst humans, Nathan is an abomination, the illegitimate son of the world's most terrifying and violent witch, Marcus. Nathan's only hope for survival is to escape his captors, track down Marcus, and receive the three gifts that will bring him into his own magical powers—before it's too late. But how can Nathan find his father when there is no one safe to trust, not even family, not even the girl he loves?

dude. this sounds like a book that i'm gonna love. somehow, i managed to push the check-out button on the library e-book website, and now it's mine for three weeks. i have so many other books that i need to read, so why did you get this one, madeline?? why?



04. Girl in Pieces by Kathleen Glasgow

i was definitely not planning to read this one, but my friend said it was amazing and loaned it to me, so what's a bookworm to do besides take up that offer? i don't read that many contemporaries, so here's my lone attempt to branch out in a tbr full of fantasies.

i'm actually pretty excited to read this one. i may start it today...or not. who knows? not me.



05. City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare

somehow, this book is ALWAYS checked out from the library, and i was on hold for about a month before i finally got it this week!

i really enjoyed reading City of Bones last month, and i'm hoping this one will be just as good! it's taken me forever to get into this series, i'm just realizing. 



06. Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton

i got this book a little more than a month ago, and i still haven't read it, which is very rare for me. i started it and got a little bit in, but i never ended up finishing it. i was probably distracted by all those other books i was reading in the month of december. 

LOOK AT THE COVER. SO PRETTY.


also: 
i placed a bunch of holds on books at the library a couple on months ago, and i am now #1 on the list for about four of them. thumbs up for great planning on my part. These holds include: The Diabolic, Air Awakens, Crown of Midnight, and Carve the Mark.

i'm also really hoping to be accepted on net galley for The Heartbeats of Wing Jones!


so yeah! that's my tbr at the moment. in retrospect, it really isn't that many books in the grand scheme of things, but it's enough to keep me occupied for awhile. that doesn't mean i won't be purchasing more books in the next few weeks though *cough* Caraval *cough* 

i'm predicting a lot of reading in the next few weeks...

what books are on your tbr? do you have any helpful tips/tricks for managing your tbr and preventing it from eating you alive? let me know in the comments!

xoxo, madeline

17 comments:

  1. CITY OF ASHES CAME OUT?!?!?!?!?!?!?! HOW DID I NOT KNOW?!!!!!!!! I'm headed to my library website right now to put it on hold! Apparently I've been living under a rock. I really enjoyed City of Bones last year (well, most of it--I skipped the R-rated parts lol)!

    Hailey
    haileyhudson.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, never mind... I'm stupid. I thought you were talking about Lady Midnight and Lord of Shadows, which is another series by Cassandra Clare and a shoot-off of TMI. I'm running on v little sleep this weekend! Lol I'm glad you're enjoying TMI :)

    Hailey
    haileyhudson.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i really want to read that series after i finish TMI! it's been a sleepy weekend for me too lol.

      Delete
  3. I tooootally relate to this. 😜 Before I was book blogging I actually thought "oh it's ridiculous to have too many books...just stop collecting them" hahhhaha SILLY YOUNG CAIT. These books need adopting?!? And it's hard not to want to read absolutely everything. We have to try!!

    And omg I love Half Bad. It's one of my most favourite series ever. I hope you do get a chance to read it soon. ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know right?!? i NEED TO READ ALL THE BOOKS.

      i'm so excited to read Half Bad!! (when i finally get to it!)

      Delete
  4. I am a huge reading fan! So when I read your title tbr list I was lost until I made the connection! TO BE READ! or so I think... I need to read more books instead of blogs lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol. you're right! books are actually the best!

      Delete
  5. I don't think I manage my TBR pile - more like it manages me lol with constant demands to be fed and made bigger lol. But Half Bad is such a great book although the prose is unusual and can take a few chapters to get into. But I also loved Rebel on the Sands and The Falconer so hope you get to those soon. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. samee. i really try to control it, but it's more like it controls me!

      i'm so excited for all three of those books!! (Half Bad sounds so awesome!)

      Delete
  6. OH MY GOSH REBEL OF THE SANDS HAS SUCH A COOL COVER. *flails forever*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i knowww. it's so prettyy. *stares at it forever*

      Delete
  7. I KNOW TOO MANY BOOKS I MEAN MY TBR IS LIKE A GAZILLION BOOKS.

    Micaiah
    www.notebooksandnovels.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there are way too many books that i want to read right now! i mean i'm trying my best to control the monster, but i'm pretty sure more like it's eating me alive?!

      Delete
  8. WOAH OK SO I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF A LOT OF THESE BOOKS BUT THE COVERS WOW

    But I believe in you! GO CONQUER THAT TBR PILE. But I feel ya though...like there are so many books I want to read, books I have to read for school, and THEN I HAVE NO TIME. arghhhhh ^-^ It's quite annoying sometimes xD

    Your blog is so cute, by the way! YOUR GRAPHICS ARE STUNNING.

    -autumn
    autumn's readings + writings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! samee i feel like i don't have quite enough time to read (at least as much as i want to!)

      Delete
  9. EEEEEP SO MANY PRETTY COVERS IN THIS POST. :') Especially Rebel Of The Sands. I WANT TO JUST PET IT. <333 My TBR is slowly growing and I am scared lol. ALL THE FONTS IN YOUR POSTS ARE SO PRETTY. *row of heart-eye emojis*

    >><<
    abbiee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rebel of the Sands is probably one of my favorite covers of all time! my tbr is basically over my head by now! aww thank you ;)

      Delete

getting kind words and comments on my posts is like waking up early in the morning and realizing that I have a few more hours to sleep in. getting comments from you guys is the best, and it always makes my day :)