#TheReadingQuest challenge // tbr + ALSO a bonus blog survey

Wednesday, August 9, 2017

good to see you, peeps!


this isn't something that i would normally participate in, but i'm going to be sharing with you my tbr picks for #TheReadingQuest challenge hosted by the lovely Aentee at Read at Midnight (<- the link is right there for the sign-up post and MUCH more info and logistics about the challenge) and beautiful artwork by CW at Read, Think, Ponder. the challenge starts on August 13 and ends on September 10. this is actually my very first reading challenge, so that's pretty festive, i guess.

i decided to give this readathon a chance a) because of the amazing artwork and b) because the challenges seemed like ones i could actually finish because they correspond with my reading taste! the challenge is based on a bingo board (pictured below) filled with challenges. as you can see from the graphic at the top of the page, i'm going to be a mage, which means i'll follow the first up path of the board. the mage quest is made with fantasy books in mind, so i think that i won't have that hard of a time finishing books as i would if i were doing a contemporary focused reading challenge.

along with the character quests, there are also side quests that you can complete for extra points in the challenge, and i will be doing the Time Warp quest and the Grind quest. for as many as i can, i will try to choose diverse books since that is part of the challenge also. 


now onto the tbr! depending on how much i read this month, i may end up adding more books on to my quest, but this is my starting point!


a book with a one word title

Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff


how the heck have i not read this already. it's not even a question. just read it already, madeline.



a book that contains magic

All the Crooked Saints by Maggie Stiefvater 


!!! side note: i received an arc of this in the mail, and i am FREAKING HYPE about it. i wish i had a video of me opening it...lots of sputtering and maniacal laughter. i'm not kidding



a book based on mythology

The Epic Crush of Genie Lo by F. C. Yee



i've heard this has elements of chinese folklore, and it is also written by an asian author, so it's a win win!



a book set in a different world

The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch


stabby, cursing criminals. what more in a book could you want?



the first book of a series

Wicked Like a Wildfire by Lana Popovic


hopefully, i love the story of this one as much as the cover.




sidequest: timewarp - a book set in the past or future

All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr



i love a World War II era historical fiction, and i've heard great things about this book.



sidequest: grind - a book with 500+ pages

The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss


heck yes this looks completely awesome, and THE GOODREADS RATING IS 4.55. WHAT THE HECK. 



that's it for my tbr, but wait-- there's more!!



hey you, right there. will you fill out my blog survey? (it won't take that long!)

PRETTY PLEASE. *puppy dog eyes* your opinions and feedback mean so much to me and my vulcan heart. find it at this link:  https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScCItWM86DkgKMqApO-C3dpubWTMEMQwMmFmct9c2loPqcimA/viewform?usp=sf_link

OR

fill it out here!



thank you so much for filling out this survey. it helps me out a lot.

would you consider participating in #TheReadingQuest challenge? if you are already participating, what quest are you following, and what's on your tbr for the month? let me know!

xo, madeline
SaveSave
SaveSave

8 comments:

  1. I haven't read Illuminae either! AGH, I plan to read it this month too. You got an ARC for All The Crooked Saints...WHAT? Wow that is AMAZING! Congrats gurl i am verrry jealous right now! Wicked Like Wildfire sounds super cool. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks!! :) maybe we should do a buddy read for Illuminae but idk??

      Delete
  2. AHHH IT SEEMS LIKE EVERYONE BUT ME IS DOING THIS CHALLENGE. With school starting soon and all my required reads being immediate priorities, it's just not feasible for me to participate right now. Good luck to you, though!

    I've heard SO many different things about All the Crooked Saints. Aside from the controversy, I just don't think I'll read it because the plot doesn't seem that interesting. I'll be interested to hear your thoughts, though!

    AHHH I'M READING NAME OF THE WIND RIGHT NOW. And dude. It's so well-written, but it's so freaking long. I don't know if I'll finish it by the end of the month since I have all my school reads to tackle at the same time. I also find I can't put it down while I'm reading it, but after I set it down, I have no interest in picking it back up. I think it's because I already know how Kvothe's story will turn out, so there's no real suspense? We read so many of the same books, we really need to do a buddy read one of these days!

    I filled out the survey, by the way!

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good luck with your required reads!! may i ask what they are? (just curious!)

      AHH that makes me so much more excited for The Name of the Wind!! hope that you enjoy the rest of it and get to finish it! and dude yesss, we really should do a buddy read one of these days!

      thanks for filling out the survey! <3

      Delete
  3. I WANT TO READ ALL THESE BOOKS SO BAD OMGGGGGG (except for the name of the wind, and illuminae, which i already READ AND LOVED OMGGGGG). congrats again on getting an arc for all the crooked saints!!! <3 will fill out your blog survey right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAYYY i'm glad to hear you loved illuminae and TNOTW!!! thanks for filling out the survey <333

      Delete
  4. Hi Madeline! I'm also taking the Mage's Quest and your TBR sounds wonderful. I definitely envy you over that All The Crooked Saints ARC - I'm highly looking forward to that book and I hope you enjoy it! I think Illuminae is a very hit or miss book and it wasn't totally for me, but I still really enjoyed its unique structure and would definitely recommend it.

    The Epic Crush of Genie Lo, The Lies of Locke Lamora, The Name of the Wind and All the Light We Cannot See are all books on my TBR, although I won't be reading them for this challenge. I hope to get my hands on them soon though!

    Have a great time with this challenge <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey! i CAN'T WAIT to start ATCS but i'm also procrastinating on it too because I'm so nervous?? yeah, i'm reading Illuminae right now, and while i think it's a wonderfully written book and so unique, i'm not sure if it's for me?

      good luck with your challenge also <3

      Delete

getting kind words and comments on my posts is like waking up early in the morning and realizing that I have a few more hours to sleep in. getting comments from you guys is the best, and it always makes my day :)